If you’re overwhelmed at the idea of using dab rigs or buying dab rigs, you’re not alone. Because there is specific equipment needed to dab, people tend to skip this satisfying way to experience legal concentrates.
Don’t let the equipment and high temps scare you off! Tons of aficionados say it’s totally worth the time and financial investment you make.
What is a Dab Rig?
Dab rigs are considered by many to be the optimal delivery system for popular legal concentrates now on the market.
Why have dab rigs become so popular? Mainly because these wax and oil products are said to provide a more potent effect in a tasty, odor-free vapor.
Several of our own Eugene-local glassblowers supply us with amazing hand-blown dab rigs. Next time you’re in the shop, ask us what we have in stock for Eli Jah, Austin Herrick, Halden, Gwyn, and Eric.
We’ll point out which rigs were created right here in the Sweet Tooth Glassworks hotshop! Here are (3) of our favorites from Eli Jah (the middle one, actually a collaboration piece with Chris).
So, How Do You Use a Dab Rig?
Think of the process of using one similar to using a traditional water bong. But instead of putting flower into the bowl of a bong, you place (or “dab”) oil or wax into the rig.
While a dab rig is similar to a water bong, however, there are significant differences that require some preparation and practice. Here, we’ve highlighted the tools you need to get started:
- The dab rig itself.
- The dab tool used to scoop your legal concentrate.
- The torch (which can be a variety of things).
- The dab nail (think of it as a stir stick).
We keep all of these items along with cleaning products to keep your rig and accessories squeaky clean, and even various storage options, in stock. Now find an experienced friend for your next dab lesson, and if you still have questions, hit us up when you stop in.
Our team is super knowledgeable, and always happy to help. In the meantime, here are six pro tips they’ve put together for you to keep in mind.
Six Pro Tips From the Sweet Tooth Glassworks Team
- It was never truer than now. A little bit goes a long way. Dab hits are light and smooth…and pack a powerful punch.
- New to dabbing? Take it from the pros and take it slow. Start with one hit and assess how you feel before going in for another.
- When you’re finished with your session, heat the nail until any residual wax is gone. Why? Because if you don’t, you’ll wind up with a sticky mess. Which leads us to this…
- A clean sesh is a most-enjoyable sesh every time. So clean your entire dab rig and all its accessories well on the regular. Need cleaning solutions? Come see us.
- Bring your questions with you too! The staff at Sweet Tooth Glassworks has got the experience and we love sharing what we know.
What Should You Consider When Buying a Dab Rig?
It’s all about the experience. There may be easier concentrate delivery systems, but you’d be hard pressed to say anything else matches the flavor you get from a glass dab rig.
STG glassblowers believe both form and function matter. When choosing your dab rig, there are several things to consider:
Size. Choose a dab rig that easily fits into one hand for ease of use.
Style. Naturally we believe you should pick a rig that fits your personal aesthetic. We carry a wide variety of styles to match just about anyone’s vibe.
Quality. Invest in a quality piece that you can use forever. Only buy from a reputable head shop with outstanding customer service.
Preference. Does it come with a dab nail? Will it look good on your table? Can you travel with it if necessary? Does it fit in your budget?
Once you’ve dabbed a few times, we think you’ll be a convert. Legal waxes and concentrates are a growing trend, and your dab rig is a worthwhile investment to enjoy them.
Contact us through the website with questions or stop by the shop in person to learn more about our current selection of dab rigs. We’re here seven days a week!