These days there is no shortage of options when it comes to smoking accessories. But sometimes classic is best, and for many cannabis users, a bong provides a premium smoking experience. Essentially, large water pipes percolate the smoke through the water to create a cool and smooth experience that is lighter on your lungs.
With so many different styles of bongs available on the market, it might feel overwhelming to pick one. But never fear! We’ve compiled a list of five different types of bong styles, so you can find the best bong for your smoking needs.
Let’s take a look.
1. Straight-Tube Bong
You’re probably already familiar with straight-tube bongs, with their simple and straightforward design.
- A straight tube sealed at one end with a stem makes them a breeze to clean.
- They’re a great starter bong; Pack your bowl with your choice of flower, add a couple inches of water in the tube and you’re all set.
- If this doesn’t seem like the right fit for you, let’s take a look at the more ornate or complex bongs.
2. Round-Base Bong
The basic mechanics of a round-base bong are the same as a straight-tube bong but the aesthetics are quite different.
- Round-base bongs have a round water chamber at the base.
- Their wider base makes them nicely stable and still easy to clean because of their simplistic shape.
- Some round-base bongs have a stylish ‘z-shaped’ water pipe, known as zongs or Z-bongs, that have a nostalgic look and feel.
3. Beaker Bong
If you’re looking for the most popular bong style, with great functionality, meet the beaker bong. Resembling something from your high school chemistry class, this glass bong has a flared base like a classic beaker.
- Their wider base provides nice stability.
- They hold more water than a straight-tube bong and tend to stay cleaner longer, due to the beaker’s volume.
4. Carburetor Bong
Carburetor bongs can come in multiple styles but by definition have a carb hole in the bong. This added feature, while not necessary to the bong function, provides the following benefits:
- The hole allows fresh air to move into the bubbler.
- You can take smoke into your lungs more quickly.
- For some bong users, a carburetor provides a feeling of a stronger “hit.”
4. Percolator Bong
Percolator bongs are great for someone looking for a more complex bong design and features. A percolator is a water chamber in the bong, providing extra filtration.
- There are many different types of percolator bongs available: honeycomb, showerhead, tornado and tree percolators are just a few of the different styles.
- You can select a bong with more than one percolator inside. The more percolators in a bong, the more water filtration.
- Percolator bongs can be more expensive due to their complexity.
- They can also prove more challenging to clean and change out the water.
*Bonus Bong: Natural Perc
Okay, okay. Technically the natural perc is a kind of percolator bong. This is a bit of a cheat. But what’s wonderful about this bong is that it doesn’t require a downstem and almost always comes in a size 14mm.
Selecting the Best Bong for You
This list really just scratches the surface when it comes to different styles of bongs. And in addition to many bong variations, keep in mind that some bongs even have combined elements of different styles.
Ready to find your perfect bong today? Come in and see us at Sweet Tooth Glassworks! Stop by the shop in person to learn more about our current selection of glass bongs, or contact us with any questions you may have. We’re here to help!